Wild Alaskan Coho Salmon Recipe
This is probably the easiest and tastiest Alaskan Coho Salmon Recipe with the least amount of ingredients you’ll find.
I’m sure any Dad can easily make this great dish.
- 1 pound Wild Alaskan Coho Salmon Filet
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Fresh Lemon 1/2 to squeeze over Filet and the other half to slice and garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Heat a cast iron skillet on high heat
- Pat dry the Salmon Filet with a paper towel and brush Filet (skin side down) with olive oil
- Squeeze fresh Lemon over Salmon Filet
- Salt and Pepper
- Place Salmon Filet (skin side up) into the hot skillet and sear for approximately 5 minutes
- With a metal spatula, turn Salmon Filet over to (skin side down) if the Filet is sticking, let sear a while longer then place Cast Iron Skillet in oven for approximately 10 minutes
Serve with Thai Lime Rice and French String Beans sautéed in extra virgin olive oil with garlic and hot pepper flakes.
- There are 5 major varieties of Pacific Salmon.
- Coho Salmon has the least amount of fatty oils and is considered the mildest tasting Salmon.
- Coho Salmon is also referred to as Silver Salmon.
- Coho Salmon season is from late August thru mid September, so now is the perfect time to try this recipe.