Turkey Swedish Meatball Muffins
Is it a meatball or is it a meat muffin? It’s a delicious Swedish Meatball Muffin!
Actually we were working on an article called “eat dinner” and decided to prepare a multi-purpose dinner for the article. A dinner that contains the same foods, but eaten in two different ways.
You may not know anyone or even notice, but there are parents that do not eat dinner with their children. They feed the kids substantial meals, but then only pick at a little food while cooking.
Here is one dinner that can easily appease both children and adults when eaten in two different ways.
Make the simple ground turkey Swedish Meatball Muffins and eat them over noodles with sauce, or in a salad with lots of veggies. We use stone ground mustard to really add flavor to these muffins without a lot of fat.
- 1 lb. ground turkey (85% lean)
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix all the ingredients together using your hands.
- Lightly spray or grease a muffin pan.
- Fill a 1/2 cup measuring cup with turkey mixture.
- Roll in your hands to form a ball and then put the ball into a well of the muffin pan.
- This will make 6 muffins.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Eat these delicious Swedish Meatball Muffins in a salad for a complete low fat meal. Or prepare the Stroganoff sauce below to serve over hot noodles. The sauce is perfectly delicious without a lot of added fats or sour cream.
- 1 -1/2 tablespoons oil
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 1/2 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- Saute the mushrooms in oil until tender. Salt & pepper the mushrooms as they cook and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle cooked mushrooms with flour and stir through.
- Bump the heat to medium-high and slowly pour the milk in with the mushrooms, stirring as you go.
- Add the chicken broth, chicken base, mustard and a little salt & pepper.
- Bring to a light boil; reduce heat and let simmer for about 3-4 minutes.