Turkey Apple Meatloaf with Honey
Delicious, healthy and low in fat! This meatloaf uses a combination of Granny Smith apples and honey to make a healthy yet delicious turkey meatloaf the whole family will enjoy!
Clean eating does not have to be bland nor disappointing. Dinners can be made fresh and tasty with just a few ingredients that contain nothing artificial.
Kids love apples and honey and are sure to love this extra healthy meatloaf! You will definitely have a delicious dinner and no one will be disappointed.
- 1 lb. 94% lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, grated on large holes of a grater
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and grated on large holes of a grater
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients with the exception of the tomato sauce and the honey.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Place turkey mixture on the cookie sheet and shape into a loaf.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce with 1 tablespoon of honey and spread over top of meatloaf.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat the leftover tomato sauce and honey to make a delicious dipping sauce.
Love meatloaf? You will love our Basic Homemade Meatloaf Recipe just like Grandma used to make!