Steak Butter – Delicious Chili Lime Steak
Steak butter – it’s definitely addictive!
We used a T-bone steak for this recipe, but just about any steak would work fine. This steak butter really makes the steak and takes your outdoor grilling to a whole new level.
You can grill the T-bone steak or your can broil the steak in the oven. This is a great steak recipe for the summer when you can serve with fresh garden tomatoes or a little sauteed zucchini.
We like to serve this with grilled hash brown potatoes that are quick and super-delicious with steak. Once you make steak butter, it’s hard to eat grilled steak without it!
Lightly salt both sides of your steak and let it sit on your kitchen counter for 30 minutes before cooking.
- 4 T-bone steaks, about 1" thick
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of 1 lime
- Salt both sides of steaks and let sit on the kitchen counter for 30 minutes.
- Combine all of the chili butter ingredients and melt in the microwave.
- Stir well to combine.
- Before grilling or broiling the steaks, brush both sides with small amount of chili lime butter.
- Grill steaks or broil under oven broiler.
- Serve remaining chili butter in dipping dishes to dip slices of cooked meat.
Grilled 1″ Steak –
- 4-5 minutes for rare steaks
- 5-7 minutes for medium steaks
- 7-9 minutes for well done-steaks
This recipe is from one of our favorite cookbooks –
We also cooked these delicious grilled hashed brown potatoes with the steak!