Easy Skillet Mac & Cheese with Kielbasa
It’s so easy to have a busy day and then be tempted by the lure of the drive through window!
So here is another quick skillet dinner that is perfect for those busy nights when the kids come home starving from playing sports or playing outside and no one fells like cooking.
Quick meals like this make it so easy to gather everyone around the dinner table, even on the busiest nights!
This is a great comfort dish that I love to make because it uses no butter or flour, but yet makes such a delicious pot of macaroni and cheese.
And also because we LOVE Kielbasa!
Kielbasa is a traditional polish food and is very popular in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. You can use a healthier turkey kielbasa or you could easily substitute kielbasa with smoked sausage.
There are many brands of healthy smoked sausage in the grocery stores to choose from now.
This dinner is Super Quick and Delicious and just ONE POT!
- 1 (16 oz) package of Kielbasa
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups of rotini pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- Cut kielbasa into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Heat oil in in a large skillet over medium heat and cook kielbasa and onion for about 6-7 minutes, stirring often. .
- Stir through mustard the last few minutes of cooking.
- Add chicken broth, milk and pasta to the skillet with the kielbasa. Stir and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-9 minutes, stirring twice during cooking.
- When pasta is tender, remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese.
This is one of our favorite quick dinners so try this Easy Skillet Mac & Cheese with Kielbasa Tonight!