Simple Brown Rice with Cauliflower – Healthy and Low Fat
You are gonna love this!
This brown rice with cauliflower recipe uses the all new Green Giant Rice Veggies, Cauliflower Medley
– and –
it was definitely love at first sight and then love at first bite. The jolly Green Giant has pulled off a tremendous feat! Delicious, healthy and lacks the usual preservatives the food giants claim to need.
Plain and simple cauliflower with nothing added! Nothing!
Who would of thought eating healthy could be this easy and delicious?
The Riced Veggies are 100% vegetables and have up to 85% fewer calories than the leading bran of white rice!
This would be delicious eating it just as it is, but we found it a great way to stretch our rice dishes with far fewer calories and tons of nutrients.
Go quickly and grab yourself a few bags because this is perfect food!
How to Prepare Simple Brown Rice with Cauliflower
You will need:
1 small onion, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup brown rice
1-1/4 cups chicken broth
1 bag of Green Giant Rice Veggies Cauliflower Medley *thawed
1. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
Cook about 1/2 the amount of brown rice you normally would prepare.
Remember – 1 cup of rice cooked in 2 cups of water will make 3 cups of rice.
2. Stir in 1/2 cup of brown rice and cook for about 1 minute.
3. Add chicken broth and bring to a light boil.
4. Cover and simmer on low for about 35 minutes.
5. Add extra broth if necessary and add the bag of Rice Veggies.
6. Continue to cook for about 10 additional minutes.
7. Remove from the burner but let sit covered for about 10 minutes.