Simple Arroz Con Pollo Recipe
Arroz Con Pollo is a Mexican dish made with chicken and rice. This version is simple to make and gets dinner on the table in about 30 minutes or less. If you’ve never tried this dish you are really missing out on a quick and tasty dinner.
Don’t you just love anything that you can cook in one-dish, pot or pan?
Chicken and rice go so well together and the seasonings in the dinner dish makes it even more delicious. Add a little scoop of sour cream on top and it’s pure yum.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream (optional)
- Melt butter and olive in a large skillet with a lid. Add chicken, onion and garlic to the pan. Sprinkle with a small amount of salt and the paprika. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add a small amount of oil to the skillet and cook the rice for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Add chicken broth, wine, heavy cream, tomato paste, and the rest of the spices; stir to combine. Add chicken back to the skillet and bring to a light boil.
- Reduce heat and cover with a tight fitting lid. Let cook for 20 minutes.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and it's delicious!
Chicken cooked with onions and paprika.
Try this super-simple Arroz Con Pollo dish tonight and your family will love it!