A Simple Salmon Salad with Mayo
Sometimes, something simple, healthy and delicious is just what you need for lunch. This salmon salad is packed with protein and nutrients for a healthy lunch that also travels well.
We do love our tuna salad, and you can also see that we make the best tuna salad ever, with lots of eggs and crunchy celery!
But, there are days when only a quick salmon salad will do.
Why salmon? Salmon is actually a little more nutritious that tuna! Salmon has about 24 grams of protein and actually more omega-3 good fat and vitamin E than tuna fish.
- 1 can of salmon (about 15 or 16 oz)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped small
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
- In a medium bowl, chop up the salmon using a fork.
- Add everything else to the bowl and mix through.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and mustard together before adding to the bowl so it's well combined.
Add some romaine!
You might just think of lettuce as being boring and bland, but that is far from the truth. Romaine lettuce in particular is a very healthy addition to any salad. Romaine lettuce along with the salmon is also a great source of folic acid, vitamin A and C.
We all know the more greens we eat, the healthier we will be. Always look for ways to add more greens to your diet!
Let us know if you love this salmon salad!