Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Although pumpkin spice muffins are traditionally a fall favorite, there is no reason you can’t enjoy these delicious lightly spiced muffins all year round.
This version is topped with coarse sugar for a decorative touch, but they are just as wonderful plain or with a cream cheese frosting.
When you make your own baked goods, they are much healthier than any store-bought version. Store-bought cakes, muffins and cookies to name a few, are prepared with a long shelf life in mind. Anything that has to sit on a grocery store shelf for a long period of time will have tons of added preservatives.
Not good for you.
These yummy pumpkin spice muffins are perfect to give as gifts or take to a holiday party.
Tip: Make sure you choose 100% pure pumpkin vs. pumpkin pie filling for this recipe because you are already adding sugar and spices to this recipe.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup coarse decorating sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line muffin pan with 12 regular-sized cupcake liners.Combine sugar, oil, water, eggs, and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl and beat on low for 1 minute. Do not over mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Add dry mixture to pumpkin batter and beat on low just until all ingredients are moist.
- Fill cupcake liners with batter until they are ¾ full. Bake for 12-15 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle each muffin with coarse decorating sugar and return to oven to finish baking another 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- (Total cooking time should be 25-30 minutes).Remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes before moving muffins to wire baking rack to cool completely.