Make Delicious Pumpkin Pancakes from Scratch
It’s pumpkin season and Sunday mornings in October and November would not be quite right without Pumpkin Pancakes!
We love to add pumpkin to foods any chance we get because pumpkin is loaded with healthy vitamin A and so good for us.
JUST LOADED! 195% of your daily requirement for vitamin A!
Pumpkins are also a good source of fiber with 5 grams per every 1/2 cup. And pumpkin is just a mere 30 calories per full cup which gives a lot of nutritional bang for the buck!
Any leftover pumpkin can be added to chili, spaghetti sauce, stews and of course used to make PUMPKIN MUFFINS!
If you don’t have fresh blueberries, frozen blueberries will work just fine as a topping. This is a delicious yet nutritious way to start the day.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. If you don't have a sifter then you can also use a wire wisk to blend everything together.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg until fluffy using a fork.
- Add the milk, olive oil, and vanilla to the bowl with the egg and mix. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until lumps are gone.
- Fold in the pumpkin and stir gently until it is mixed through. Don't over stir batter!
- Lightly oil a griddle or skillet with oil and heat to about medium-high heat.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto the griddle or pan. Cook on both sides until lightly browned and cooked through.
A good quality pure maple pancake syrup and fresh blueberries makes these delicious pumpkin pancakes even more nutritious.
READ: Is Maple Syrup Healthy
Delicious Blueberry Sauce
To make a super-delicious blueberry sauce, simply add 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries to a small pan with about 1/2 cup of water. Add a couple teaspoons of sugar, just a pinch of salt. Let simmer for about 4-5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir often.