This is a great recipe your family will truly enjoy especially if they love eating tacos. This recipe for Puff Pastry Tacos is so simple and easy to make!
If you are unfamiliar with puff pastry, it is located in the freezer section of your grocery store.
- 1 lb. ground meat
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning
- Water per directions of seasoning packet
- 1 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet room temperature
- 1 (10 oz.) Can of RoTel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 cup of shredded Mexican four cheese blend cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Preheat your oven according to the puff pastry directions on the package.
- Cook your ground meat in a large skillet with the 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over cooked ground beef and then add the water.
- Stir until well blended; simmer according to package directions.
- Put the pastry sheet on a piece of parchment paper and place both on a cookie sheet.
- Spoon the taco meat into the middle of the pastry sheet leaving enough room of the pastry sides to fold over.
- Add the can of RoTel Diced Tomatoes on top of the ground meat.
- Add the shredded cheese on top of the diced tomatoes.
- Fold the pastry sheet sides over to close.
- Cut slits on the top of the pastry sheet.
- Brush the top of the pastry sheet with the melted butter
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the shredded lettuce and any extra diced tomatoes or shredded cheese.
- Serve with sour cream and a side of rice.
Kids are crazy about tacos and this recipe has a different twist on the traditional style taco that your kids will love.
Give this Puff Pastry Taco a try this week and let me know how it goes!