Oven Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
This elegant side dish elevates basic green beans to a whole new level. This dish is great for entertaining because it looks and tastes like you spent a lot more time on it than you actually did.
This recipe also makes a great “farm to table” side dish to serve at your next family meal. Pick up some fresh green beans at your local farmers market and yum … taste how good fresh green beans are!
Did you know that the majority of green beans are grown in the good old USA? Just another reason to eat more fresh green beans!
Green beans are an excellent source of vitamin K. They are also good source of vitamin C, fiber, folate and vitamin B2!
Roasting the green beans assures they will be crisp tender and full of robust flavor. As an added bonus, the high-quality extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese greatly enhances the natural appeal of this classic side.
You just can’t go wrong when you combine fresh vegetables with roasting. Roasting brings out the natural rich flavors of vegetables and gives them a nice crispness at the same time.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed, trimmed and patted dried
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper. In a medium bowl, toss the green beans, garlic and olive oil together until completely coated. Then, spread the coated green beans on the lined pan in a single layer without crowding.
- Season with salt and pepper, then roast in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven once during this time to turn the beans so they cook evenly.
- When finished roasting, remove from oven and place beans on serving tray. Before serving, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.