One-Pan Cheesy Chicken & Rice Ready in 30 minutes!
Grab your skillet and run for the stove! Dinner is ready in 30 minutes and boy is it delicious!
We talk here a lot about how get dinner on the table quicker and here is a perfect example of a quick dish.
A little chicken and a little cheese and you have yourself a great meal that is beyond simple. This is a great one-pot meal to prepare for the beginner cook.
Clean up is so much easier when you cook in pot! You will have lots of extra time to spend with your family.
- 1 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup rice
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Using a large skillet with a lid, saute onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add chicken and cook for about 2 minutes stirring with a spatula.
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with garlic powder, salt and pepper while cooking.
- Add rice, thyme and parsley to the skillet and stir.
- Add the chicken broth, milk and sour cream.
- Stir well and bring to a light boil.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese
- sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top and cover.
- Put back on the stove for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.