Mushroom Noodles that are Quick and Delicious
Mushroom Noodles! Do you have 10 minutes to cook dinner?
To celebrate the return of DinnerPlanner.com, we are giving away a box of flavored noodles. You can find out more about that here on our free stuff and giveaway page!
Egg noodles are so quick to fix for dinner and they are super-delicious. The mushroom noodles that we are giving away take about 5 minutes from start to finish to cook.
When you add the time for cooking the mushrooms, you are talking about 15 minutes from start to finish for a delicious dinner. Yes, 15 minutes!
What’s so nice about this dish is you can add just a few simple ingredients to make a spectacular meal. Do you have a little leftover beef from that roast you cooked on Sunday? Chop some up and toss it in with a 1/2 cup of sour cream to make a delicious beef stroganoff.
Have some extra asparagus from Tuesday night’s dinner? Chop that up and make a mushroom and asparagus dish with plenty of Parmesan cheese.
Here is the basic recipe for Mushroom Noodles.
- 1/2 bag of mushroom noodles or egg noodles
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1-2 teaspoons chicken soup base
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 wedge of lemon
- 3/4 cup reserved liquid from cooking the noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook mushroom noodles in water with added soup base and a little bit of salt.
- Drain and reserved about 3/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Melt butter with the oil in a large skillet and cook garlic and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with salt, pepper, parsley and Worcestershire while cooking.
- Squeeze the lemon over the mushrooms when the mushrooms are cooked through and tender. Add the reserved liquid to the skillet along with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bring to a light simmer and gently stir in the cooked mushroom noodles.