How to Make the Best Refried Beans in Your Crockpot
If you LOVE refried beans as much as we do then you will LOVE this easy refried bean crockpot recipe!
Move over baked beans, there’s a new bean on the dinner table and they are simple and delicious.
Do you have to be a bean lover to enjoy refried beans? Absolutely not! Refied beans take on a life of their own when seasoned with chili powder and a little cumin.
All you need for these delicious beans is a crockpot and a potato masher.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons onion, minced fine
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Stir everything into your slow cooker or crockpot.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Mash with a potato masher until mostly creamy, but leave a few chunks.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cover crockpot until cheese melts.
Slow cooked Pinto beans with spices makes the best refried beans. After mashing, as the beans cool, they will get much thicker.