Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey-Yogurt Dip
If you want to take something to your next picnic or party that will please just about everyone, make this fresh fruit salad recipe!
The standout “star” in this flavorful fruit salad is the addition of Cotton Candy® grapes. This newer, super sweet variety delivers a very distinctive flavor worthy of its memory-invoking name.
For the best presentation, do not add the strawberries to the salad until right before serving. Otherwise, the lighter-colored fruits will absorb their bright red color. To prevent browning, slice and add kiwi to the bowl right before serving, as well.
Note: Cotton Candy® grapes are not a genetically modified food. Instead, their wonderful taste is the result of selective natural cross-breeding practices conducted over many years.
This recipe for fruit salad serves about 6 and can be easily doubled or tripled to serve a larger crowd.
Delicious Yogurt Dip:
1 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 cup seedless green grapes,* washed and halved
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- Zest of 1 organic lime**
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- Optional: 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into chunks
- 2 large fresh kiwi, peeled, halved, and sliced
- *If possible, use Cotton Candy® green grapes
- **zest lime before juicing
- Prepare yogurt dip by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To assemble fruit salad, combine prepared grapes, pineapple, and mango in a large glass or other non-reactive bowl. Add pineapple juice, lime zest and juice, and mint to bowl and toss to combine.
- For additional sweetness, drizzle mixture with honey and gently stir to combine, if desired.
- Chill fruit mixture in refrigerator for at least one hour. Place prepared strawberries in a separate container to chill at the same time.
- Once chilled, remove fruit salad and strawberries from refrigerator and add strawberries and freshly sliced kiwi to the bowl. Gently stir to combine and serve immediately with honey-yogurt dip.
Don’t forget the dip for your fresh fruit salad!