Lemon Ricotta Pasta Sauce
If you’re looking for something a little light and airy to serve this summer, look no further than this delicious lemon ricotta pasta sauce over linguine.
It’s the simple meals in the summer that provides us with so much delicious pleasure. Move your picnic table underneath a tree and eat dinner with your bare feet in the grass.
This lemon ricotta pasta makes a great side dish or can be the main feature with a nice vegetable-laden tossed salad.
This dinner actually goes well fresh with corn-on-the cob and maybe some or our awesome oven fried chicken!
- 1/2 lb linguine
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding a little soup base and salt to the cooking water. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water in a glass measuring cup.(one cup)
- Return cooked pasta back to the pot.
- Add the butter and a little squeeze of lemon to the hot reserved cooking water.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta and reserved pasta water. Add a little salt and pepper to the mixture.
- Pour the sauce over the hot cooked pasta and stir. Add in the lemon juice, lemon zest, cheese, salt & pepper.
- Toss the pasta until everything is well blended.
We always add a little soup base to our cooking pasta water … we sure hope you have some on hand. Our reserve pasta water always turns out super delicious.