Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup Made in the Crockpot
Who doesn’t like comfort in any form? Well this delicious soup is definitely comfort in a bowl and it’s so simple to prepare.
Nothing beats coming home to a slow-cooked meal of chicken noodle soup after a long tiring day. Fall and Winter are perfect for serving simple soups a few nights a week for an easy dinner.
Anything that is less stress is good. Soup is good. Lemony soup is even better!
Throw a few ingredients in your crockpot in the morning, and that evening you have a delicious dinner that everyone will love.
- Onions do much better in crockpot soup if you chop them in a food processor or chop them fine with a good sharp knife. Large pieces of onions won’t cook the same as the smaller tiny pieces.
- Always let your garlic “breathe” for 10 minutes after chopping. Let it sit before adding to the soup. And as always, add as much garlic as you like because garlic is very healthy for the body.
- 1 medium onion, chopped very fine
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2-1/2 cups of chopped carrots (about 4-5 smaller carrots)
- 1/2 cups chopped parsley
- 1 (32 oz.) container chicken broth
- 1 or 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chicken soup base.
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- fresh juice from 1/2 of a large lemon
- Place the onions on the bottom of the crockpot and drizzle with olive oil.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken pieces and lay on top of the onions.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the pasta and lemon.
- Cook on high for about 5 hours or low for 7 8.
- Turn the crockpot to high.
- Remove chicken pieces and shred with a fork. Place chicken back in the crockpot.
- Add the noodles, lemon and parsley. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
Your crock pot chicken noodle soup will turn out delicious, but make sure you know how to pick the healthiest chicken for your soup.
Also make this delicious crockpot wedding soup.