Leftover Chicken Recipe with Pasta
Love them or hate them, leftovers make the quickest dinners for later on in the week. Having well-prepared leftovers is like having a night off from cooking.
When you cook one meal, have in mind how making a little extra could be served as delicious leftovers later on in the week. This is called repurposing a meal or repurposed meals.
Cook once – Eat Twice!
The Leftover Chicken Recipe with Pasta Below is a delicious repurposed meal!
Chicken is one of the most versatile dinners so this is a good place to start when making extra. Everyone loves yummy baked chicken and cooking a couple extra breasts will yield 2 cups of white meat for the leftover creamy chicken & pasta recipe below.
Make our fresh & delicious Simple Rotisserie Chicken and save leftovers for creamy chicken & pasta.
- 6 cups cooked rotini pasta
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups leftover chicken
- 1 cup green peas
- Reheat the leftover pasta and peas in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Make a roux - Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan and gently whisk in flour until well combined. Lightly salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to medium-high and slowly start to add the chicken broth, whisking as you go.
- Add all the broth and the milk to the pan and continue cooking until sauce has thickened.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir until cheese has melted through.
- Stir in warmed pasta and peas and stir through.