Homemade Creamy Mushroom Soup
You just can’t buy homemade no matter how hard you try. We have tried “homemade” versions of cream of mushroom soup, and unless it comes from your kitchen and your pan, it’s just not homemade!
Nothing beats making a big batch of any soup in your own kitchen. We love this cream of mushroom soup so much that we eat it at least every other week during the cold winter months!
Mushrooms are a powerhouse of nutrients and if you have “picky” eaters that won’t touch a mushroom, they just might love this soup.
- 1-1/2 lbs. white mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- Sprinkle mushrooms with lemon and dried thyme. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter and oil in a medium soup pan.
- Cook onions for about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with flour and increase heat to medium-high.
- Add the wine to the pot, stirring constantly.
- Keep stirring and add chicken broth to the pot slowly.
- Bring soup to a light boil.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and cook again until hot.
We sure hope you love this Homemade Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe! Here is another great soup recipe that you will enjoy –> Crockpot Wedding Soup