Honey Cornbread Recipe for an Old Fashioned Taste
It’s that time of year when the weather starts to turn a bit cooler and chili and corn bread are right around the corner!
Here is a great homemade cornbread recipe that uses less sugar but still tastes delicious.
We often make this to go with our chili, and believe you me, there are many BIG pots of chili made in our house during the long winter months. Big Big Pots!
Good old fashioned homemade sweet honey cornbread is still a good choice for a chilly morning breakfast. Serve right along side your scrambled eggs and bacon for a delicious breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Beat the eggs slightly. Add sugar, honey, oil, milk, salt and baking powder; stir to blend.
- Add in corn meal and flour and stir through.
- Fold in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spread evenly in a 9 inch pan and sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese and a small amount of sugar on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Bake cornbread until top is golden brown. We hope you enjoy this Honey Cornbread Recipe and here is a great Chili Recipes to go with it! –> Healthy Cincinnati Chili
You will also fall in love with our healthy & delicious old fashioned blueberry crisp — > Blueberry Crisp