Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
A Chicken Noodle Soup to Fall in Love With …
This is one of the best slow cooker chicken noodle soup recipes that we make, and we make it often.
Chicken noodle soup that you cook from scratch is always healthier than buying soup from a can, so it pays to make your own fresh soup for a healthy dinner and lunch.
This healthy slow cooker chicken noodle soup only takes minutes to get ready, and at the end of a long work day you have a delicious meal waiting for you. This chicken soup doesn’t take a lot of work, but will taste like you put a lot of work into it.
By sautéing the vegetables first for a few minute, you will add so much to the flavor of this healthy soup. Don’t forget to always have “soup base” on hand to add to all of your soups and stews!
A couple teaspoons of chicken soup base will do the tasty trick! And, always make sure to buy the best chicken possible for your healthy chicken soup.
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless chiicken breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots (2 cups) peeled and cut small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups wide egg noodles (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Saute onions and garlic in melted butter and olive oil until soft. Add carrots and celery, cooking for a few more minutes.
- Add the cooked vegetable mixture to your slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients, with the exception of the noodles and parsley.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Remove chicken breast and chop into small pieces with a knife.
- Turn the crockpot to high and add the noodles and parsley.
- Cook about 12 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Also try our Delicious Crockpot Chicken & Wild Rice Soup and Crockpot Wedding Soup!