Healthy Chicken with Garlic and Lime
We get asked a lot about preparing healthy meals when you don’t have enough time to fit cooking into your busy day. We know that on some days it’s so much easier and less stressful to run through the drive-through and get a big bag of fast food.
Fast food is ok on occasion, but not something you want to make a habit out of. It’s expensive and lacks the proper nutrition that we need to stay healthy.
Here is a meal that takes very little time from start to finish that you can feel good about feeding your family.
This healthy chicken dish needs just a little marinating time, but you can also leave it marinating all day if you wish. Pop some baked potatoes in the oven or prepare this delicious Healthy Rice with Avocado and Lime.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small lime
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced fine
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups of kale, washed and trimmed
- Lay chicken on a plate and squeeze the juice of one lime over both sides.
- Rub soy sauce on both sides of the chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper and then the garlic.
- Let this sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt the oil with the butter.
- Cook chicken on both sides for about 2-3 minutes depending on how thick the chicken is.
- Make sure to add any of the excess sauce and garlic pieces to the skillet as well.
- Add about two tablespoons of chicken broth to the skillet; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a plate and add the additional chicken broth and kale to the skillet, bringing to a light boil.
- Cook kale until tender.