Ground Beef with Broccoli and Peanut Sauce
If you are looking for a cheap or inexpensive meal to serve for dinner, but also want something delicious and nutritious, this is the perfect recipe!
Ground beef paired with egg noodles makes for the perfect meal when you have hungry kids to feed and you’re in a hurry!
One skillet is all that is needed to get dinner on the table quickly! There is not much mess when you can cook in just one pan giving you more time to spend with your family.
The peanut sauce is delicious bite after bite.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 head broccoli, use florets only
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can beef broth, divided
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Using a large skillet with a lid, cook onions in oil until soft.
- Add the ground beef and garlic cooking until beef is well browned, breaking up clumps of beef with a spatula as you cook. Salt and Pepper beef lightly while cooking.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the beef broth for the sauce.
- Pour remaining beef broth and 1 cup of water into the skillet with the cooked beef. Stir and bring to a light boil.
- Stir in the noodles and return to a boil.
- Lay the broccoli on top of the noodles and cover skillet. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- While this is cooking, mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, and 1/2 cup of beef broth. After 5 more minutes, stir in the peanut sauce and blend thoroughly until all is well coated.