Grilled Hash Brown Potatoes
These quick and delicious grilled hash brown potatoes make a great side dish for any of your grilled meats.
If possible, buy the hash browns that have not been frozen and keep them in your refrigerator until you are ready to use. Hash brown potatoes are nice to have on hand when you need a quick dinner.
If you do use frozen hash browns, make sure they are well thawed and free of any excess water.
You can also bake the hash browns in the oven if you don’t want to fire up the grill. Just pop the foil packet in the oven for about 20 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees. Remove from the oven and stir. You can turn on the broiler for a few minutes to get the tops brown and crispy.
- 1 (20 oz.) bag of hash brown potatoes, thawed if frozen
- 1 large sheet of foil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lay the foil out on the counter and pour the potatoes on top of the foil.
- Mix in the salt & pepper to taste and the garlic powder.
- Mix through the cheddar cheese and olive oil.
- Dot with pats of butter on top of the potatoes.
- Fold the ends of foil over the potatoes and seal.
- Cook on the grill using medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, turning packet a few times during cooking.
These hash browns are so easy and delicious and go great with our yummy grilled T-bone Steak with Chili Lime Steak Butter! A complete grilled meal with little effort and little time!