Delicious & Creamy White Bean Dip Recipe with Seasoned Pita Chips
This delicious white bean dip recipe is a great addition to any party menu. It is quick and easy to make – and your guests are sure to love the subtle balance of flavors packed into each bite. It is perfect with mildly seasoned pita chips or vegetable platters.
Bean dips are a little healthier than traditional holiday snack foods, so be sure to add this to your list of healthy snacks to serve for the holidays.
Tip: A little bit of fresh sage goes a long way. If you aren’t sure how much to use, start with a small amount. Then taste and add more, if desired.
Although you can use the same extra virgin olive oil for the entire recipe, adding a drizzle of a higher quality variety right before serving will add an extra “pop” of flavor.
Out of the 3 most popular white beans; cannellini beans, great Northern beans and navy beans, we prefer using the cannellini bean in this recipe.
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 - 3 large fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup regular extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- dash cayenne pepper
- Add cannellini beans, fresh garlic, lemon juice, sage leaves, and olive oil to the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour bean mixture into a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Right before serving, add a dash of cayenne pepper and a drizzle of some high-quality extra virgin olive oil.
Serve Delicious White Bean Dip with Seasoned Pita Chips.
SEASONED PITA CHIPS:
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut each pita into 8 equal-sized wedges. Lightly brush pita wedges with olive oil on both sides and place on lined baking sheet.
Season pita with salt and pepper before placing in oven. Bake for 5-6 minutes before turning each wedge to toast the opposite side. Return to oven and continue baking for another 5 or 6 minutes, or until pita wedges are golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.