Delicious Honey Mustard Chicken for a Quick Dinner
We are in love! And you will be too!
Try this quick & delicious Honey Mustard Chicken recipe for a super-quick dinner tonight.
If we had to pick one dinner that we could serve every week and never tire of, it would have to be this one! (Ok – well AND our easy spaghetti with sauce.) Honey Mustard Chicken is a national obsession with some people and we sure know it is with us.
When mustard meets honey – delicious sparks fly!
There are many that insist to use a different type of mustard, but for a true honey mustard only yellow mustard will do!
Your family will “rush” the dinner table so be prepared! They may even be tempted to eat their veggies if you drizzle them with a little honey mustard.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- salt & pepper
- Make sure the chicken breasts are thin cut or pound them thin with a meat mallot.
- Melt butter with the olive oil in a skillet and cook garlic on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Lightly salt & pepper both sides of the chicken breasts and then add them to the skillet with the garlic.
- Brown chicken on both sides, cooking for about 2 minutes per side. Sprinkle with dried parsley while cooking.
- Mix together the honey, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Reserve about 2 tablespoons for dipping.
- Pour mixture over the browned chicken. Stir until chicken is well coated.
- Cover and let simmer for about 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Whip up a quick batch of the Best Mashed Potatoes –
You seriously can’t go wrong with this honey mustard chicken recipe for dinner. It’s always nice to prepare something the whole family can enjoy!
And Everyone said … Dinner Was Delicious!