Homemade Crockpot Baked Beans
This Crockpot Baked Beans with Sausage recipe is a family winner when you’re looking for something simple and delicious! This meal is easy on the family budget coming in at around $12.00 for the whole meal.
This is nice and “beanie” with a perfect bean to sausage ratio. This dish has a mild flavor that even the pickiest bean eater will love.
Homemade crockpot baked beans are so much healthier than any canned beans y0u could buy at the store and don’t take long to make.
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped find
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 small jalapeno, cleaned and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 (15 oz.) cans northern white beans, drained
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Remove the sausage from the casings.
- Add oil to a medium-sized skillet and brown the onions and jalapenos until almost soft.
- Add the sausage and garlic to the skillet.
- Brown the sausage in with the onions, breaking sausage into small pieces with a spatula.
- Pour the cooked sausage & vegetables into the crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
There really isn’t much work to making your own homemade baked beans and you will definitely love how they taste!