Creamy and Delicious Pumpkin Hummus
This creamy and delicious Pumpkin Hummus Recipe is perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving when something a little more special is needed to perk up that party!
Brimming with a slew of healthy antioxidants, this pumpkin hummus is a dip you’ll want to serve on both Halloween and Thanksgiving for a healthy appetizer.
Hummus is a healthy snack that can be made quickly and inexpensively. If you like to eat a lot of hummus like we do, it’s nice to change it up now and then so you don’t get bored with it.
This creamy pumpkin hummus does just that! A terrific change from the traditional hummus that we all love.
We like to roast our garlic and also “snap” the outer skin from the chickpeas.
To roast the garlic quickly, lay about 3 cloves of garlic on a small piece of foil and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Wrap this up tightly and bake for about 30 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
Soak the chickpeas for a few minutes in warm water and gently rub each pea between your fingers and the skins will snap right off.
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 2 (15 oz.) cans organic chickpeas, drained
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 2 fresh cloves of garlic, raw or roasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine everything in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Start off by adding 1/4 cup water and add additional as necessary.