Cheesy Orzo Pasta with Ham Cooked Using Just ONE POT!
There is just something about orzo pasta that goes well with ham. Throw in some cheese and you have a delicious meal of Cheesy Orzo Pasta with bits of delicious ham.
Ham is so simple to buy in smaller quantities. You can go anywhere from 6 – 8 ozs. for the ham slice. Chop the ham into a little smaller than bite-sized pieces.
Dinner in 20 minutes is always possible with DinnerPlanner.com, and you always know it will be delicious!
- 8 ozs. ham, cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/4 cups orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium saucepan, cook ham and onion in oil until the onion is soft.
- Add the orzo pasta, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- add the chicken broth, milk and spices.
- Stir to combine while bringing to a light boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- When the noodles are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, stir in the cheese.
In just one pot, this cheesy orzo pasta cooks perfectly in under 20 minutes!
Store your orzo pasta in a glass container with a tight fitting lid to keep it fresher longer!