Canned Green Beans with Bacon
We eat a lot of fresh garden green beans, but there are those times when we love to throw some canned green beans and a little cooked bacon into the crockpot and let them cook until the flavors are well blended and the beans are nice and soft.
These canned green beans with bacon are delicious and so easy to prepare. They go great with all your picnic foods like hamburgers, BBQ chicken and grilled shrimp.
Back Yard Picnic Menu
- BBQ Chicken
- Grilled Shrimp
- Baked Potatoes
- Green Beans with Bacon
- 4 slices of bacon, diced and cooked (reserve the grease)
- 2 cans of whole green beans (not French style)
- Salt & pepper
- Cut or slice the bacon into small pieces and cook in a small fying pan until cooked through but not crisp.
- Drain green beans but reserve 1 cup of liquid.
- Place green beans in the crockpot and lightly salt and pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid.
- Stir in the bacon and some of the bacon grease. (Start with about 1 tablespoon)
- Cook on high for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup if liquid if necessary.
- Beans can sit in the crockpot on warm for a few hours.
What about onions? Sometimes we add a little bit of diced onion in with the bacon while it’s cooking. Mostly we do not because the beans are delicious without and invited guests to your picnic may not enjoy the taste of onions.
Try them for your next picnic! You will love these Canned Green Beans with Bacon!