Butter Garlic Noodles made with Egg Noodles
If you have butter and you have egg noodles, you have dinner. Add in a little garlic and a little chicken soup base and you are 10 minutes away from a super-delicious dinner!
Egg noodles and butter also makes a great comfort food combo for when you need a little something but don’t have a lot of time. Quick Comfort. Comfort in a Bowl.
Butter Garlic Noodles can be served as a side dish or as the main attraction with a salad and vegetable.
Once you start making these butter garlic noodles you will be hooked, so always have a bag of egg noodles on hand and you will be ready when you need a little noodle love.
- 8 - 10 oz. egg noodles
- 2-3 teaspoons soup base
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cup reserved cooking broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions, but add a little salt to the water along with chicken soup base.
- Drain egg noodles reserving 1-1/4 cup liquid.
- Using a medium skillet, gently cook the garlic in butter for about 2 minutes.
- Lightly salt and pepper.
- Add broth and milk to the pan.
- Bring to a light boil and let simmer for about 6-7 minutes.
- Pour broth mixture over egg noodles and sprinkle with dried parsley.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
The broth is tasty and makes a great sauce. Garlic Egg Noodles with plenty of butter and garlic – yum.
Simmer the broth mixture until it’s reduced and starts to thicken.
– Not all egg noodles are created equal. Shop around for your favorite brand.
– You can definitely use chicken broth instead of the soup base. We LOVE soup base and it’s much cheaper than always reaching for chicken broth or stock. You can read more about our love of soup base here —> WE LOVE SOUP BASE