Easy Baked Breaded Boneless Chicken Breast Recipe
We love baked breaded chicken for dinner because there are so many variations you can do with the breading. We love Panko breadcrumbs for their crispy texture and crunch, but there are times when only regular Progresso & Parmesan breadcrumbs will do.
This recipe uses Panko breadcrumbs and a little Dijon mustard added to the egg mixture for an extra kick of flavor.
When baking chicken breasts, always pound or slice your chicken breasts thin. They don’t need to cook as long and will remain moist and tender.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, pounded thin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup Panko style breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat together the 2 eggs and mustard.
- Spread Panko breadcrumbs out on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken piece in the egg mixture and then the breadcrumbs.
- Spray a wire rack with nonstick spray and set on a cookie sheet.
- If you don't have a wire rack, spray the cookie sheet with non stick spray
- Lay the chicken on the rack or cookie sheet and give a few puffs of olive oll spray to the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes. (flip half-way through)
- Half-way through baking, flip the chicken over and spray the other side.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Add a little Dijon mustard and a pinch of salt to your eggs for more flavor.
Panko breadcrumbs make a delicious coating for chicken breasts.
If you would prefer not to use one of the nonstick sprays on the market, then simply make your own spray by adding olive oil (or your favorite oil) to a small spray bottle!
Always try to buy the freshest and healthiest chicken you can at the grocery store. You can read more about that here –> Buying the Best Packaged Chicken.